Tuesday 17 April 2012

Final Off Road Ride before Round Cornwall

Well that's it, my mountain bike is now cleaned, polished, greased and put away until Round Cornwall is done and dusted.  (Well, put away is true!).

I had a final ride of 30 miles today in windy, muddy conditions - mostly off-road and a fair amount of uphill. Many thanks to my friend Richard who tests me, is always that bit fitter than me and knows exactly when I have had enough!

Gilly and I will have one last big ride on the tandem on Sunday. We will take all our luggage on board, partially so I  know she is not taking too much but also to check everything works with the added weight.

And then we will wind down training, with a little ride on Tuesday night to stretch the legs and then ready for the green light on Saturday 28th.

See you out there maybe??!! - or if not, come to the St Agnes Hotel on Thursday May 3rd for live music, the raffle and lots of good company - oh, and Team Round Cornwall!!

And don't forget to keep reading this Blog.  With the wondrous technology of smart phones, we will be updating it each night with how we have all got on, once we arrive at our destination.  That is assuming we have a signal of course!  So keep reading and commenting.  It really does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment