Sunday 11 March 2012

Training Resumed!


I have had an annoying problem with my Piriformis muscle, (literally a pain in the butt!) which resulted in me dropping out of the Duchy marathon. So I made myself rest for 5 days with no running, and had some physio treatment, and things seem to have settled down a bit. I have done a couple of short runs over the weekend with no significant pain, so I will look to upping my mileage again. I ran in the Hoka Bondi B shoe today (see photo) and Wow...what a shoe. Very cushioned and no jarring at all. I really feel I could run miles and miles in these! As you can see from the photo, they are not pretty, they look like moon shoes really! They are also not cheap but they have had some excellent reviews from some serious ultra runners. So maybe these are the shoes for the Challenge if it is not too muddy underfoot. I am not sure they would hold up to a really wet coastpath, but fingers crossed for fine weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment