Tuesday 17 January 2012

Training begins for the Meads


I lie slightly with the heading, as we (Gilly and Geoff) have not been out on the tandem in 2012 yet. Partially because rain and very strong winds are not condusive to tandem riding - and more importantly, the bike is having lower gears fitted and various other tweaks to make it more suitable for the big hills we know will await us on "The Ride"!.
So in the meantime, I (Geoff) continue to ride my mountain bike (around 94 miles this year so far). It has been fairly muddy, as the picture shows, but this is nothing compared to what it was like last week, when I and the bike came back completely covered in mud. I was not allowed in the house until I had removed all my clothing!!
Gilly continues her "Gym" sessions on tuesdays, but once we get the tandem back from Gary Moger of Revolve Bicycle Works, The Track, near Portreath, proper tandem training will begin in earnest. I am really looking forward to the challenge - tandem riding is not for everyone, but it can give you a real buzz - and of course, you always have someone to talk to and share the pain!!
More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment