Monday 7 May 2012

Thoughts of last day etc.

Now that I am sitting in front of a lovely log fire, having had a good night's sleep, I have had a chance to look at my GPS and Roz's to see what we achieved. We covered 289.84 miles, achieved in 93 hours 32 minutes of cycling time - although that does not account for stops or pub lunches!! We did nearly 28,000 feet of vertical climbing - to put that into perspective, Mount Everest is just over 29,000 feet!!! Cornwall may not have mountains, but it sure has some hills. I have no idea about calories consumed, but I was eating a lot and have lost 3 kgs in weight. I was tempted to measure my thigh muscles before and after, but that would have been really sad. Suffice to say that our hill climbing abilities improved hugely. Although we all live in Cornwall, we had never realised how stunningly beautiful our county is - and we were staying around the coastline, not venturing inland at all. The area from Polzeath up to Bude, despite the steep hills and narrow valleys, was magical and an area we had not really visited before.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic achievement - congratulations to you all.

    Geoff - if you have a spare moment whilst you're busy recuperating - I'd appreciate a copy of your GPS track(s). Would love to see the route you took.

    ReplyDelete